Friday, March 28, 2008

Is this even worth writing about?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/14677-Loose-Change-To-hell-with-the-Joneses.html

Does the fact that I don't find this article funny mean that I need to develop a sense of humour, or does it mean that my sense of humour is developed enough that I don't find this funny because it's just plain stupid? As in, I might find it funny if I were still twelve. The odd thing is that the cartoons this guy does are occasionally funny.

I know there's a "disclaimer" at the end, but it's at the end of every article by that guy, so I don't know what spirit it's meant in exactly. I mean, the article is written so simply and with such ridiculous arguments that I'm tempted to go over it piece by piece firejoemorgan.com styles. It's written so badly that it's almost the same thing as this article, except that the ESPN article is blatant satire and meant to mock pieces like the hockey news one. So if I actually bothered to point out all the inane arguments in the THN one, does that mean I'm getting suckered?

In any case, it's a pretty good example of why I have little regard for The Hockey News nowadays. Not that I ever read it regularly, but back when I did have regular access to it, at libraries and such, I rarely bothered with it beyond a quick flip through. Even if I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's purely a comedic piece with absolutely no real argument to it whatsoever, they still fail miserably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home