Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My Blue Heaven

So, I'm going on my walk to get over the oilers blowing yet another game, and I'm walking past the lake in waterloo park, and I think of what it would look like frozen over without any snow on it. And I started to think about what my rink in heaven would be. First thing I thought of was clear ice, crystal clear ice like a melting icecube, maybe with a bit of blue tinge to it. Like the ice on the Sherbert Land track in Mario Kart 64, the one I always kick ass in.
Then, it'd need lots of snow banks around it, and just behind those snowbanks, tall, thick pines that create a hush and feeling of solemnity. It'd just be a patch in the forest. It'd be about the size of an offensive zone on a regular rink, the perfect size for three on three. It'd have boards, but only foot and a bit off the ground, so you could still bank things off it.
The sky would be clear dark blue, sunny, but still cold enough to sting your face. Brisk. There'd be no snow accumulating on the always hard ice, and real shinny nets. Everyone would have jerseys rippling, toques, and sharp skates. Everyone drinks beer afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home