Saturday, March 12, 2005

NP : Rheostatics - P.I.N.

I found an article on ESPN.com through Offwing that I really liked. Kinda sappy, but the sorta thing that makes me want to drop everything and go put on my skates, makes me pumped up about my game tomorrow (now if only my wrist would heal properly....) and yeah.... makes me really miss the NHL right now.

"This is the time of the year when moms wear their favorite player's buttons on their sweatshirts. When signs are made, fresh film is loaded up, new batteries are installed in the digital camera and a fresh tape is put in the camcorder. When caravans of minivans roll down North America's highways anticipating the big game with nervousness and excitement. This is the time of year when hockey's heart beats quickest and strongest. The heart of the game and the soul of the game are at your local rink this month. There will be players playing this month who will go on to win Stanley Cups. Who go on to score 500 goals. And who go on to earn induction into hockey's Hall of Fame.

For those immersed in the culture of hockey, hockey is never locked out because the game is owned by the players, coaches, parents and officials. The game can never be taken away. It's always there, like the seasons. Dependable, loyal and passionate. This is youth and minor hockey."

- John Buccigross


Yeah, sappy to be sure, but there should be more columns like this, in all the papers. There was an excellent one in the National Post the day after they officially cancelled the season (the first time), I wish I could find it online somewhere.



Yeah, game tomorrow. My wrist hurts from when I got my stick jammed half way through a shot on monday night. If it still hurts during the warmup, i'll wrap alot of tape around it and hope that helps. I really don't want to have to take myself out of the game and watch from the bench.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home